DNA Quantitative Fluorescence Diagnostic Kit(PCR-Fluorescence Probing)
Cytomegalovirus, or CMV, is a common virus that infects people of all ages.Most people infected with CMV show no signs or symptoms, because a healthy person’s immune system usually keeps the virus from causing illness. However, CMV infection can cause serious health problems for people with weaken ed immune systems, as well as babies infected with the virus before they are born (congenital CMV).
It is possible for CMV to cause the death of a baby during pregnancy (pregnancy loss). About one out
of every 200 babies are born with congenital CMV infection, most of which never show signs or have health problems. However, some babies may have health problems that are apparent at birth or may develop later during infancy or childhood. Babies born with CMV can have brain, liver, spleen, lung,
and growth problems. Hearing loss is the most common health problem in babies born with congenital CMV infection, which may be detected soon after birth or may develop later in childhood.
- Methodology: One-tube technology
- Sample Type: Urine, Plasma, Peripheral blood, Breast milk, etc.
- Sensitivity: 400 copies/ml
- Linear Range: 4x I 0 copies/ml-4x I 0 copies/ml
Features & Advantages
- Rapid Turn-round Time
- Multi-sample Types Validated
- Full Automation Enabled
- It can be used for fast, accurate and earlier diagnosis of CMV infection for pregnant women and newborn babies as to raise awareness and prevent disease progression.
- It can be used for fast and accurate diagnosis of CMV infection for patients who received kidney transplant
- It can be used as an auxiliary diagnostic and monitoring mean for CMV infection in patients who received blood donation
- It can be used as an auxiliary diagnostic and monitoring mean for CMV infection in HIV patients or people with weakened immune systems